Taquigrafo Garriga 95-97. Barcelona,08029. Spain
I am a marine biologist and Ph.D. candidate at the University of Barcelona. My field research is about the spawning behavior of freshwater fish. With the help of Larry Lawhorn, an electronics technician and Josep Gener, an agriculture engineer we have designed a system for the underwater recording of fish behaviour. The reason for writing you this letter is for asking you the following proposal:
I want to make a broadcasting documentary movie about the last salmons in Spain. I am looking for sponsors to
fund this project.
The main reasons that I can offer to your company for joining and sponsor us are:
1. Spain is the southern most limit distribution of native Atlantic salmon in the world.
2. Is a species that is on the border of extinction in my country. The main problems for them are over fishing and the reduced river accessibility with the lost of spawning natural habitat.
3. The salmon rivers in Spain are located in an extraordinary scenario and in many of the rivers the waters are extremely clear which helps to make wonderful images.
4. I do have in Spain the necessary contacts and permissions for making this film.
5. There are other beautiful animals associated with the salmon habitat.
6. We have a think in a movie that will follow two young salmons, a male and a female from their birth until their death, showing their relations with the other river inhabitants and making emphasis in the predation relationships.
7. We know which is the necessary broadcast professional equipment (3 CCD small digital cameras) to acquire and where to do that, including a SIT camera for night recordings
8. We have over 5 years experience in underwater filming the atlantic salmon spawning behaviour
9. I already contacted with Mr. Lawrence Taylor who has an underwater video production company in Canada (http://www3.ns.sympatico.ca/biodiverse) and has worked for Survival Anglia TV in the past. Mr. Taylor wants to produce the movie with us and is also trying to find funding around the world.
Thank you very much for your time. Please contact me
at the address above for any additional information.
(WhoWe Are) (Our Images) (Clients) (Equipment) (Rivers List) (Species List) (Still Photography) (Prices) (Links)
(Help propossal) (Spawning Atlantic Salmon) (Spawning Behaviour Field Notes) (Contact with us)